Diplomático celebrates the european launch of its new tradition range
This past October, Diplomático celebrated the launch of its new tradition range with an exclusive event at the prestigious private club, Soho House Berlin in Germany.
Approximately one hundred individuals from twenty-one different countries were present at this much anticipated event. The majority of attendees were representatives of various import and distribution companies who collaborate with Diplomático Rum in Europe.
The stars of the night were the two new Diplomático expressions, Mantuano and Planas, which replace the rums Reserva and Blanco Reserva respectively. The bottle design for these two rums is similar to that of Reserva Exclusiva, with the objective to create a cohesive visual brand identity and reinforce the premium image of the Tradition range. The three expressions of this range bear the image of Don Juancho, the icon of the brand.
Diplomático Mantuano, whose name means local noble man, is inspired by the character and personality of Don Juancho, who was a mantuano. It is a perfectly balanced rum, aged up to eight years and contains 40% alcohol. Its composition is predominantly made up of light rums, distilled in continuous columns and batch kettle, about 60%. The other 40% is made up of complex rums, made from sugar cane molasses and distilled in copper pot stills. The result is a versatile rum with notes of caramel, nuts, and vanilla, making it ideal to serve neat or in classic cocktails like a Mary Pickford or a Presidente.
Diplomático Planas, is named after the valley located near the distillery where Diplomático rums are produced, and whose micro-climate is ideal for the production of sugar cane and the aging of rums. This elegant white rum combines light and medium rums distilled in continuous columns and batch kettle, with more complex rums distilled in copper pot stills, in similar proportions. Thanks to an aging up to six years and a complex carbon filtration process, a balanced rum is obtained, with a great aromatic intensity but also a great softness and smoothness on the palate. Its fruity aromas and notes of coffee and coconut on the mouth, make this the ideal white rum for serving neat, or the main ingredient for the preparation of delicate cocktails like the Hemingway Daiquiri.
To support this European launch, Master Distillers, Tito Cordero and Gilberto Briceño, will be conducting a tour of the old continent during the months of October and November. This tour includes master classes and presentations at rum festivals and trade shows to promote and sample the new members of the Diplomático family: Mantuano and Planas.